The Business Readiness Fund has been established provide funding for business organisations and trade associations to help firms with their preparations ahead of the UK’s imminent departure from the European Union.
£10 million of funding will be distributed to support businesses in understanding the steps they should now take to be ready for Brexit day on 31 October 2019. The scheme will support events, training, information campaigns, webinars and the production of advice packs to assist businesses in making sure they are fully prepared for Brexit.
Applications are invited from business support agencies throughout the UK. This includes the Federation of Small Businesses, Chambers of Commerce, Institute of Directors, trade associations, chartered institutes and other professional membership bodies with a significant membership.
Launching the scheme, Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom said: “The UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October. For businesses that still feel unprepared, I am determined to do everything I possibly can to ensure they are fully ready for Brexit. We know that companies often rely on the wider business community for help and advice with planning. Business groups will now be given the necessary tools to engage with this crucial task, communicating with non-members and businesses of all sizes. The funding we are announcing will mean business organisations from all sectors across the country can stand resolutely behind businesses large and small to support them in preparing for, and seizing the opportunities of, leaving the EU”.
Key points to note include:
- The fund is open to business organisations and trade associations throughout the UK
- (This includes the Federation of Small Businesses, British Chambers of Commerce or Institute of Directors, trade associations, individual local chambers of commerce, chartered institutes and other professional membership bodies with a significant membership)
- Application deadline is 30/09/2019
- Activities supported by the fund must be delivered in their entirety by 31 October 2019
- Individual grants are for £25,000 and over