To take part in any tender from Croydon Council and to be able to express an interest in a contract opportunity, first you must register on the London Tenders Portal with your details and also the company that you work for.
Registering for an account with the London Tenders Portal is free and easy, and will also ensure that the Council is aware of your business’ interest in becoming a supplier. Numerous London Boroughs and organisations also use the London Tenders Portal and registering will ensure that you receive notifications of any relevant opportunity.
Below are the key steps to consider when registering for London Tenders Portal:
- The entire process is completely free of charge to access and be a part of.
- When registering for the first time, you will be the primary account holder for your organisation if it’s not registered on the Portal yet.
- The only mandatory information to provide is marked with an asterix (*)
- The email address that you will use will be where all notifications of new opportunities will be received, so consider using a generic email address of the organisation so that more than one employee can have sight of it and ensure no relevant opportunity is missed in your absence.
- Make sure you select all relevant categories (CPV codes) to your organisation (if you are unsure, it’s still possible to select more categories later), as your selection will define what opportunities you are notified about.
- In the area notifications screen, you can select a specific Council such as ours, or a wider region if your business covers an area wider than one specific borough.
- The primary account holder can add/create other user accounts and specify their role, choosing if they can apply for opportunities on behalf of the organisation or simply monitor and input information on opportunities and contracts.
- Additional contacts can be added to an account, but these will simply relate to receiving notifications relating to opportunities relevant to the organization.
Council tender opportunities are advertised and managed through the London Tenders Portal because using the portal enables us to ensure everybody receives the same information about opportunities and clarifications, at the same time. It also means that it is easier for suppliers to do business with the Council as it eliminates repetitiveness by allowing bidders to save their details on the site and reuse basic information for future bids.
The Council uses the London Tenders Portal to undertake formal tendering but also intends to use it to get quotes from providers for low value spend. Therefore we advise all potential providers interested in Council’s opportunities to sign up to the portal. On occasions we also advertise Market Warming Events on the portal.
The supplier guide can be found here
If you have any difficulties with registering on the portal contact Suppliers@proactis.com