Modern Slavery is a hidden crime and its victims may be especially isolated and hidden from view during the coronavirus outbreak.
This pages outlines the help and support available for victims of modern slavery during this time.
- Government links detailing identifying potential victims of modern slavery and indicators:
2. Guidance on reporting modern slavery during this period of isolation is to call the police in the first instance.
- If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police – the police will continue to respond to emergency calls.
- Call the police on 101 if you suspect modern slavery but there is no immediate risk of harm.
- Call CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to report a modern slavery crime confidentially and anonymously.
3. To clarify if you are a first responder you can report this directly to the NRM. If you are not a First Responder, you should contact a First Responder organisation, such as the Police.
4. Updated support from NRM can be found here: