The London Borough of Croydon invites suitable expressions of interest and applications from Providers of Innovative Respite and short break options for All Age Disability (Physical Disability and Learning Disability)
- Contract term: Up to 4 years
- Anticipated contract commencement date: 2nd Sep 2018
- Deadline for submissions: 12 noon, 10th Aug 2018
- See this opportunity HERE – login and register interest via London Tenders Portal
The London Borough of Croydon are inviting expressions of interest from providers who wish to work strategically with Commissioners and people with a range of disabilities who live in Croydon and who have assessed needs around respite and short breaks.
A review (2016) of the respite and short breaks provision in Croydon and more recent consultations under the “Walk in our shoes” https://www.croydon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/articles/downloads/WalkinourShoes.pdf – has identified that the short breaks opportunities and market are under developed in Croydon for people aged 18+ .
Croydon council are committed to developing the market and are looking for positive examples of meaningful breaks for people with a learning disability and their carers with support delivery in the community ideally within Croydon and the surrounds i.e. within SWL and Surrey. This may include but is not limited to the list below:
- Community Hub models
- Provision of Overnight/Weekend Breaks including “hotel” model
- Provision of Full Week/s activities
- Evening Breaks
- Care at a Residential Facility
- Care at Family Home
- Supported Holiday Break
- Active community Outreach/in reach
We would like you to provide 2 sides of A4 outlining what you feel you could offer people in Croydon now i.e. within two months and in the future.
See this opportunity on London Tenders Portal to register interest HERE
How to apply
If you wish to apply to be considered to work with us, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the London Portal free of charge via the link below: https://www.londontenders.org/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm_home?openForm.
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password
- Use your username and password to log into the London Portal and register your interest in the relevant opportunity.
- Shortly after you have registered your interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the response page.
- Please upload your 2 page document to the attachments part of the response and ensure you click on the submit button before the deadline.
- The deadline for returning your application is: 12:00:00 noon on 10th August 2018.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
* We reserve the right to make any contract available to partners and other public sector and/or voluntary organisations.
* In keeping with Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please DO NOT include any publicity material with your submissions.
* Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small to medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy.
* Please include the contract number (731/2018) of this process when communicating with the Council.
* Please direct any communication about this opportunity via the www.londontenders.org portal.
* The Council reserves the right to hold clarification interviews/site visits with applicants.