The Contracting Authority (‘The Council’) is seeking tenders from suitably qualified and experienced Service providers for the provision of Children’s Social Care Supervised Contact for children in care and their families.
Local Authorities have a duty to provide contact between children and young people looked after by that Local Authority and their families. The Children’s Act 1989 emphasizes the responsibility of the Local Authority:
- to safeguard and promote the welfare and upbringing of children and young people within their area by their families (Section 17)
- to allow reasonable contact between a child in care of the Local Authority and their families (Section 34)
The Council will seek to award a contract in the form of separate lots. Providers may apply for one or both lots.
Lot One : Supervised contact – North Croydon – 5000 hours, of which a minimum of 3,500 will be centre based and the remainder community based.
Lot Two: Supervised contact – South and Central Croydon – 5000 hours, of which a minimum of 3,500 will be centre based and the remainder community based.
Croydon Council currently has a framework agreement with call off contracts for provision of both supervised contact and parental or families assessment.
Supervised contact is delivered through 4 lots on the Framework. The contracts are due to expire on 31st October 2019. We will be moving away from a framework agreement to a contract with two (2) lots with provider/providers who may be a consortium or main contractor with subcontractor arrangements.
The contract term will be for a period of 3 (three) years from the 1st November 2019 with an option to extend for a further period of 12 months up to a maximum of 4 (four) years.
The anticipated contract start date witll be the 1st November 2019.
This tender process is being carried out under a one stage open tender procurement under the Light Touch Regime of the PCR 2015 for the purposes of procuring the contract.
The Council requires the successful Service Providers to comply with the London Living Wage.
All potential suppliers are advised to read the supporting documents listed on the London Tenders portal, prior to responding to the invitation to tender.
See this opportunity HERE – login and register interest via London Tenders Portal.
- The deadline for returning your tender is: 12:00:00 noon on 8th May 2019.
- The completed tenders may be submitted any time before the closing deadline.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Estimated contract dates
- 1st August 2019
How to register your interest
If you wish to register an interest in this contract, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the London Tenders Portal free of charge via the link below: https://www.londontenders.org/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm_home?openForm.
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password
- Use your username and password to log into the London Tenders Portal and register your interest in the relevant contract: 781/2019 Supervised contact for Childrens in Care and their Families
- Shortly after you have registered your interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the Tender documentation.
* We reserve the right to make this contract available to partners and other public sector and/or voluntary organisations.
* In keeping with Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please DO NOT include any publicity material with your submissions.
* Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small to medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy.
* Please include the contract number of this process when communicating with the Council.
* Please direct any communication about this procurement via the www.londontenders.org portal.
* Please be aware that TUPE may apply to this contract.
* The Council reserves the right to hold clarification interviews/site visits with leading bidders.