The London Borough of Croydon are inviting expressions of interest from providers who wish to work strategically with Commissioners and people with a range of disabilities who live in Croydon and who have assessed needs around respite and short breaks.
- Deadline for submissions: 12:00 noon, 25 October 2018
- See this opportunity HERE – login and register interest via London Tenders Portal
A review (2016) of the respite and short breaks provision in Croydon and more recent consultations under the “Walk in our shoes” https://www.croydon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/articles/downloads/WalkinourShoes.pdf – has identified that the short breaks opportunities and market are under developed in Croydon for people aged 18+ . Croydon are seeking expressions of interest to develop solutions for recognised gaps in current provision as follows :
- A wider choice of emergency respite options for people with complex needs
- More choice and options for service users with profound disabilities including additional physical health needs and dementia
- Culturally appropriate service options
Croydon council are committed to developing the market and are looking for positive examples of meaningful breaks for people with a learning disability and their carers with support delivery in the community ideally within Croydon and the surrounds i.e. within SWL and Surrey. This may include but is not limited to the list below:
- Community Hub models
- Provision of Overnight/Weekend Breaks including “hotel” model
- Provision of Full Week/s activities
- Evening Breaks
- Care at a Residential Facility
- Care at Family Home
- Supported Holiday Break
- Active community Outreach/in reach
We would like you to provide 2 sides of A4 outlining what you feel you could offer people in Croydon now i.e. within two months and in the future.
How to register your interest
If you wish to register an interest in this contract, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the London Tenders Portal free of charge via the link below: https://www.londontenders.org/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm_home?openForm.
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password.
- Use your username and password to log into the London Tenders Portal and register your interest in the relevant contract: Expressions of interest – Innovative Respite and short break options for All Age Disability (Physica…
- Shortly after you have registered your interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the tender documentation.
- The deadline for returning your application is: 12:00:00 noon on 25th October 2018.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
* We reserve the right to make any contract available to partners and other public sector and/or voluntary organisations.
* In keeping with Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please DO NOT include any publicity material with your submissions.
* Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small to medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy.
* Please include the contract number (731/2018) of this process when communicating with the Council.
* Please direct any communication about this opportunity via the www.londontenders.org portal.
* The Council reserves the right to hold clarification interviews/site visits with applicants.