The London Borough of Croydon (‘’The Council’’) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced organisations to enter into a contract to deliver legal services.
The Council intends to appoint a single, strategic partner to provide it with a range of legal services with effect from 1st January 2018 for a period of up to seven (7) years. The contract will cover the following core categories:
- Commercial (including major projects and procurement)
- Property (residential and non-residential) and planning
- Civil litigation
- Employment (contentious and non-contentious).
The procurement falls within the ‘’light touch regime’’ under Regulations 74 to 76 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. The Council is orientating its process torwards the Competitive Dialogue Procedure with the aim of identifying a solution which best meets the Council’s needs.
The Council published an Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) notice (reference number 2016/S 240-437471) on 12th December 2016 advertising this procurement opportunity to the market.
How to register your interest:
Interested companies will need to register with the London Tenders Portal to obtain a copy of a Selection Questionnaire (SQ) which will need to be completed and returned to the Council via the London Tenders Portal (www.londontenders.org) by 12:00 noon on Monday 23rd January 2017.
If you wish to register an interest in this procurement opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the London Tenders Portal free of charge via the link below: http:/www.londontendersportal.org/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm.home?ReadForm
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password
- Use your user name and password to log into the London Tenders Portal and register your interest in the relevant contract: 570/2016CED – Legal Services Procurement
- Shortly after you have registered your interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the procurement documents
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Whilst initial enquiries of current providers of services in scope for this contract suggest that TUPE would not apply, bidders would need to form their own view in light of any further information which may become available at any time during the procurement.
- In Croydon’s commitment to sustainability, please do not include any publicity material with your submissions
- Croydon Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups. In addition the council actively seeks to use small and medium enterprises (SME) as part of its sustainability policy
- The successful provider will be required to pay those whom it engages in performing the contract a wage equivalent to at least the London Living Wage from the commencement of the contract.
- The Council requires the successful successful provider to fulfil the aims and Social Value objectives of the Council through this procurement (and further to the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012), to ensure Croydon as a Place benefits from the spend related to the Contract. Shortlisted bidders will be asked to set out their proposals in relation to the environmental, economic and social value benefits that will offered and delivered; including apprenticeships, employment, training opportunities, work placements, the use of SME’s, or similar; and how their proposals would benefit the environmental, economic and social well-being of the London Borough of Croydon.
Please direct any communication about this procurement via the www.londontenders.org portal