Value Croydon is Croydon Council’s local brand for delivering social value, and supporting the local market to access tender and sub-contracting opportunities with the Council and its partners.
By working together with businesses, voluntary, community and social enterprises sector, the community and other public sector agencies, Value Croydon aims to ensure that the Council uses its purchasing power and contractual relationships effectively to maximise social, economic and environmental benefits achieved from all of its commercial activity.
The Value Croydon website aims to become a single point of access for all the resources and information that help maximise social value delivery locally and to support the local market in competing for business opportunities with the council and its partners.
The website also sets out the council’s ambitions for supporting providers by improving the Council’s communication around its commissioning opportunities and business practices. The website will:
- Provide information on how to do business with the council with greater transparency around the procurement processes, council spend, contracts and ways to access supply chains
- Promote business opportunities, including council tender opportunities, information on upcoming partner opportunities, and wider events aimed at a local business and voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors such as meet the buyer, market engagement sessions, supplier focused training, workshops and briefings.
- Share Croydon Council’s Refreshed Commissioning Framework, Social Value Policy and Framework, Contract and Procurement Handbook outlining the priorities and requirements to bidders for council contracts
- Signpost to local resources and contacts that provide support and information on job creation, economic growth, community projects and environmental sustainability
Croydon Council promotes social value through our contracts by encouraging greater collaboration between the private, public and voluntary sectors, to ensure that investment in the local economy benefits and improves the lives and prosperity of local people. In practice, this means
- Working with our contractors and wider partners operating in the borough to maximise the social value offer for local people, with a strong focus on the local job creation, economic growth, community wellbeing and environmental sustainability
- Promoting and opening up business opportunities for small local businesses, the voluntary, community and the social enterprise sectors